Thursday, December 11, 2008

VDRK At The Beach

I usually only listen to space disco mixtapes [it makes me more authentically alt] but I gave this VDRK mixtape a listen and I must admit, I'm impressed.  It's got a little disco, a little tech, a little of everything.  Most sets that try to span several genres in a few minutes fail miserably because they try to appeal to everyone [kinda like that bro from highschool that wanted to be everyone's friend but failed].  This, however, is fantastic in the sense that it doesn't try too hard.  In other words, VDRK has broken down the genre barrier [just like Barack broke the race barrier, love him].  I wish the big names in the game had the balls to throw a set like this. 

Tracklist:
1. Agent Stereo - Keep on Groovin
2. Jokers on the Scene - Baggy Bottom Boys (JotS Remix)
3. Wolfgang Gartner - Wild Card
4. Deadmau5 - Ghosts and Stuff
5. DJ Rush - MF Bass (Popof Remix)
6. Twocker - Stitch (Bass Kleph Remix)
7. Nu Coalition - Born For The Nightlife (Aston Shuffle Remix)
8. Joey Chicago - After Midnight (Diizy Edit) 


All credit goes to: VDRK

1 comment:

x said...

and you haven't plugged beatdefeat? why are you not blogging anymore, hm??? msg me @ myspace.om/kiyoshi please!