Thursday, November 27, 2008

Discovery

[upskirt pic of hot alt slut is unrelated to the content of this post]
My university blocks all torrent sites [old people just don't 'get it'].  So ever since I've been home for Thanksgiving break, I've been able to use torrents again.  This means I've been catching up on downloading and I've come to a new discovery....It's something called and "ALBUM" 
Apparently, an "ALBUM" is when an artist/band puts SEVERAL of their songs into the same collection and then distributes it to the public.  My dad had to explain it to me, apparently "ALBUMS" are what they listened to 'back in the day.'  Strange concept, I know.  
This entire time, I've been downloading mp3's from my fav blogs one at a time.  Because blogs never post more than three songs from a single artist, I didn't even know that artists/bands were allowed to make more than three songs.  Now my iTunes library has more than three songs for a few artists and it's wierding me out.
The downside: 'albums' are supposed to cost money so you have to download them illegally if you want to get your hands on them.  Mp3 blogs led me to believe that all music was free but they lied :(
The strangest part of all is...there aren't any remixes on the 'albums'.... it's all just original material.  Trippy, I know.
This entire 'album' concept has basically turned my world upside down.  
[gratuitous/irrelevant pic by lastnightsparty]

No comments: