Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm Thankful for Memes

I'm thankful for memes
///I'm thankful for Ableton Live [for allowing talentless people to make shitty music]
///I'm thankful for Ray-Ban Wayfarers [for making it easier to pick the trendy people from a large crowd]
///I'm thankful for The Cobrasnake [for giving me coverage of all the rad parties I can't make it to]
///I'm thankful for HipsterRunoff [for delivering memes on a regular basis]
///I'm thankful for Pitchfork [for telling me what I have to listen to if I want to be cool]
///I'm thankful for mp3 blogs [for taking up space on my hard drive with obscure mp3's]
///I'm thankful for The Hype Machine [for pointing out the least obscure of the afformentioned 'obscure mp3's' so I won't waste time downloading them]
///I'm thankful for my altbros and althos [for accompanying me to my local dance parties]
///I'm thankful for fake ID's [for getting me into the afformentioned dance parties]
///I'm thankful for American Apparel [for making it possible to seem fashionable without actually being fashionable]
///I'm thankful for vinyl [I don't actually have any, but I feel like being thankful for it makes me more authentic]
///I'm thankful for my alternative life [for giving me a false sense of authenticity]

No comments: